Hello again…. Now I have a very simple recipe that is a crowd pleaser…. You don’t need many ingredients to make this.
- 1 cauliflower head (broken into florets)
- Olive Oil (1/4 cup or enough to coat the cauliflower)
- Italian spices: Oregano, italian blend, basil leaves, crushed red pepper (1 tsp of each)
- 4 cloves of Garlic – finely sliced
- Salt (as per your taste)
- Ziplock bag
- In a ziplock bag add olive oil, the italian spices, garlic, and salt.
- Mix these ingredients really well.
- Add the cauliflower to the bag and mix it really well.
- Make sure that the cauliflower is well coated
- Take a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees for 10 mins
- In the meantime, spread the florets on the cookie sheet
- Once the cauliflowers are baked for 15 – 20 mins, broil it for another 5 mins (it will be less than 5 mins. So keep a watch).
TADA… roasted cauliflowers
Here is a slide show will all the steps:
This is a recipe that I got from a dear friend of mine Raksha. The only variation that I did with this is that I sauteed the garlic before making the pesto sauce as I did not like the strong garlic flavor.
This serves 6 ppl.
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Fresh basil – a few leaves
- Walnuts – handful
- Olive oil
- Spaghetti pasta – 1/2 packet cooked al dente
- Salt to taste
- Raw bell pepper – chopped fine (optional)
Step 1: In a small wok, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and saute the garlic till it starts to brown a little.
Step 2: Once it is cooled, add the sauteed garlic, basil, and walnuts to a blender or a food processor. Crush till the garlic is in very small pieces and the mixture is in fine paste.
Step 3: Add this paste into the serving bowl containing the cooked spaghetti pasta. Mix the pasta thoroughly till all the pasta gets coated with the sauce.
Step 4: Add salt to taste and continue mixing so that the salt is spread evenly.
Step 5: Before serving, add the raw bell pepper for added taste.
Your Pesto Pasta is ready!! I have added the pictures of the making of the pesto sauce… If I have the images of the final dish I will add it again.